* For illustration purpose only
Active Ingredient: Indomethacin
Utilization: Used to reduce fever, stiffness, pain, and swelling
Available Dosages: 25mg, 50mg and 75mg
Last purchase: 54 minutes ago
There are 26 users looking at this product right now
General description: Indocin (Indomethacin) is an anti-inflammatory non-steroidal drug used to relieve swelling, pain and joint stiffness caused by gout, bursitis, arthritis and tendonitis. It contains 25 mg of indomethacin pet 5mL as an active ingredient, 1% alcohol and 0.1% sorbic acid. The inactive ingredients are sodium hydroxide to adjust pH level, sorbitol solution, antifoam AF emulsion, purified water, flavors and tragacanth.
The drug should be stored below 30°C.
Indomethacin had anti-inflammatory properties. The mechanism of action is not fully understood yet, but it involves inhibiting cyclooxygenase. After taking the capsule, either 25 mg or 50 mg, indomethacin is instantly absorbed. 90% if the drug is absorbed within 4 hours of administration. The drug is 99% bound to plasma protein and can cross the blood-brain barrier, as well as the placenta.
Directions to use:
Indocin is administered orally. The optimal dosage is 2-3 times a day, taken with a full glass of water. However, depending on your condition, your pharmacist may change the dosage. It is not advisable to lie down after oral administration. It may take up to four weeks to notice the benefits of the drug.
● Ringing in the ears
● Weight gain
● Pale skin
● Unexplained tiredness
● Before taking the medication, consult your doctor if you are allergic to aspirin/ibuprofen/naproxen/celecoxib
● Tell your doctor about your medical history, especially if you had asthma, heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, liver disease
● DO NOT drive or do anything that requires alertness and clear vision, as the drug might make you dizzy
● Limit alcohol and smoking while taking this drug
● Elderly people may be more sensitive to side effects such as kidney problems and stomach bleeding
● Children may be especially sensitive to side effects such as liver problems. Give this medication to children only if clearly needed
Medically reviewed by Dr. Josette Davignon
Last updated: 5.03.2021