* For illustration purpose only
Active Ingredient: Metformin
Utilization: An oral diabetes medicine used to treat type 2 of diabetes
Available Dosages: 500mg and 850mg
* Prices in the list do not apply to Switzerland, Sweden and Denmark. Customers are advised to place an order, and our team will contact back with updated prices.
Last purchase: 16 minutes ago
There are 24 users looking at this product right now
Glucophage (Metformin) is a biguanide with an antihyperglycemic effect or easy to say oral diabities medication. It reduces plasma glucose. Under the influence of Glucophage (Metformin) blood sugar level is in the limits of normal range. It does not stimulate insulin secretion and does not cause a hypoglycemic effect mediated by this mechanism. This medication is prescribed to adults with type 2 diabetes to improve blood sugar rate. Its taking should be followed by diet and exercises. Glucophage is not used in treating type 1 diabetes.
Indication for use
Glucophage (Metformin) can be taken by almost all adults and children over 10 who have:
· type II diabetes with the ineffectiveness of diet therapy and exercise, especially in patients with overweight;
· as monotherapy or combination therapy in combination with other oral hypoglycemic agents or in combination with insulin for the treatment of adults;
· as monotherapy or combination therapy with insulin for the treatment of children over 10 years of age and adolescents;
Glucophage (Metformin) is not recommended to use if you have: hypersensitivity to metformin or to any other component of the medication; diabetic ketoacidosis, diabetic coma; renal failure of moderate and severe or impaired renal function; diseases that can lead to the development of tissue hypoxia (especially acute diseases or exacerbations of a chronic disease) decompensated heart failure, respiratory failure, recent myocardial infarction, shock, liver failure, acute alcohol poisoning, alcoholism; pregnancy; period of lactation,
Dose and usage
Dose of Glucophage (Metformin): 500 mg, 850mg – white round tablets with a biconvex surface, and a protective shell; 1000 mg – white oval-shaped tablets with a biconvex surface, coated with a protective shell, with a line in both sides and engraved “1000” on one side.
Consult with your attending physician before starting the treatment.
The medication is usually taken 2-3 times a day, sometimes only a morning pill is enough, the dosage of which will be determined only by the doctor. The average dosage is 500-850 mg. Possible lifelong taking of this medication. The maximum single dose is 1000, per day - 3000 mg.
Due to the action of Glucophage (Metformin) some side effects can disturb you: diarrhea, nausea, loss of appetite, liver dysfunction, development of hepatitis, allergic skin reactions.
Medically reviewed by Dr. Josette Davignon
Last updated: 20.11.2023