* For illustration purpose only
Aleve (Naproxen) is a synthetic medication with anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effects. It regulates lipid and carbohydrate metabolism, improves the functional state of the liver and its detoxification function, helps preserve and restore the structure of hepatocytes; inhibits the formation of connective tissue in the liver.
Indication for use
Aleve (Naproxen) can be taken by almost all adults and children over 12 who have:
· Degenerative and inflammatory diseases of the musculoskeletal system: chronic juvenile, rheumatoid, gouty arthritis, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis (ankylosing spondylitis).
· Infectious and inflammatory diseases of the ENT organs with severe pain (as a complex therapy): otitis media, tonsillitis, pharyngitis.
· Feverish syndrome in infectious and "colds" diseases.
· Pain syndrome: arthralgia, neuralgia, myalgia, ossalgia, toothache and headache, sciatica, tendonitis, postoperative and post-traumatic pain syndrome, accompanied by severe inflammation, with cancer, adnexitis, algomenorrhea, childbirth (as a tocolytic and analgesic).
Aleve (Naproxen) is not recommended to use if you have severe erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, inhibition of the hematopoietic process in the bone marrow, renal and liver failure, during lactation, pregnancy, with bronchial "aspirin" asthma, occurring simultaneously with chronic polyposis of the nose and sinuses against the background of intolerance to pyrazolone drugs ("aspirin "Triad).
Dose and usage
Aleve (Naproxen) is produced in tablet form - 220 mg , small, white, round. Take inside. The first dose - 1 tablet (220 mg), after 8-12 hours (second dose) - 1 or 2 tablets, but not more than 3 tablets per day. Adults over 65 years old - no more than 2 tablets per day. The course is no more than 10 days.
During the treatment the following side effects are possibale: drowsiness, headaches, dizziness, slowing down psychomotor reactions, tinnitus, hearing impairment, granulocytopenia, thrombocytopenia, aplastic and hemolytic anemia, granulocytopenia, eosinophilic pneumonia, liver dysfunctions, erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, erythema of the mucous membrane of the antrum, hemorrhage and perforation, nausea, severe vomiting, discomfort in the epigastric region, skin rash, itching, urticaria, allergic manifestations.
Medically reviewed by Dr. Josette Davignon
Last updated: 14.01.2022